Tuesday 15 April 2014

Weekend Update.

Ok....so it's been a little while since I wrote...but I assure you, that it was for good reason!

I promised to give you a recipe for my friend Krista's delicious grilled cheese sammy's with avocado, bacon and cheese....but then I thought...umm...everyone knows how to make grilled cheese.  It's all about getting creative with the classic!  So next time you have extra 'fancy' cheese from your wine tray the night before, add it to your lunch the next day! A nice hearty grain bread with a delicious cheese and maybe some fruit (love me some Brie and Apple--with a little bit of mustard--grilled cheese) will make a great lunch!!

So let's see...this weekend was such a blur! Saturday was a beautiful day! I packed up the boys and we headed to my sister's place for a visit and a stop at Target! After that, we stopped at Algoma Orchards to check out their market! Yum!! There was delicious baked goods (breads, cookies/treats), lots of fresh produce and some great jams and jellies (my sister bought JalapeƱo/Cranberry Jelly, yum!).  My son had to get a cupcake from the bakery and that meant I had to have a turtle brownie....and they were both amazing.

So we had a low key meal for dinner, Adam's famous Chicken, veggie, rice plate (basically it reminds me of a 'student meal' but it is pretty good....while we watched the hockey game and had a few beers and junk food.

Sunday included Kite flying, bike riding and visits with family....I would go into more detail, but I really can't....since it was soooooo nice out, we were really just, taking it all in....it's been a while since we all got out!! haha

Alli.

No comments:

Post a Comment